Parks as an integral part of urban life provide people with an ideal option for a true sense of the lifestyle and cultural heritage of a city. The fiery red leaves in Fragrant Hills Park, the breath-taking cherry blossoms in Yuyuantan Park, the golden hues of the setting sun shining through the Seventeen-Arch Bridge at the Summer Palace, the spectacular bird's eye view of the entire Forbidden City from Jingshan Park…These are but some of the joyous moments offered by parks in Beijing. Foreigners in Beijing can also take a tour around the local parks to feel the authentic folk culture? Here's a guide on how to efficiently make a reservation to visit the popular parks.
Take the Summer Palace as an example.
In WeChat, search for the official account of the Summer Palace (頤和園 or Yiheyuan) and click "個人購票 (Ticket for Individuals)"
→ Start to purchase tickets after reading Admission Instructions
→ Select your preference of "Admission Ticket", "Through Ticket", "Discounted Admission Ticket" or "Discounted Through Ticket"
→ Read the "購買須知 (Purchase Instructions)" carefully
→ Select the date and duration of your visit, the number of visitors, and fill in the contact person, telephone number and visitor information
→ Complete online payment
→ Present the QR code and ID card used to purchase the ticket and enter the Summer Palace on the date and time of reservation
In addition to the Summer Palace, parks such as the Temple of Heaven Park, Fragrant Hills Park and Beijing Zoo also offer online reservation services for foreigners. Please refer to the official WeChat account of each park for further information.
1. Before purchasing a ticket, please make sure that you have recently maintained a normal temperature while not having any symptoms such as fever or cough.
2. Please cooperate with the temperature measurement formalities and registered health status check on Health Kit (Jiankang Bao) mini-program before entry. Wear facial mask properly and maintain social distancing during the visit.
3. Tickets can be reserved up to 7 days in advance. Some scenic spots in the parks do not accept same-day reservation while time slot reservation with real names shall be made at least 1 day in advance.
4. Some scenic spots are closed on Mondays (excluding national holidays), so please arrange your tour accordingly.
5. Unused tickets may be refunded within 7 days from the date of the tour. However, visitors must initiate an application for a refund themselves. No service fee will be charged. Expired tickets cannot be refunded.
Take Beihai Park as an example.
In WeChat, search for the official WeChat account "暢游公園(Beijing Park Online)" and click to follow the account
→ Select "北海公園 (Beihai Park)"
→ Read the "溫馨提示 (Friendly Reminders)" and confirm the telephone number used for reservations
→ Call at +86-010-64037972 or +86-010-64002378 to make a reservation
→ Go to the service window of Beihai Park on the date of reservation, present the ID card used for reservation and purchase a ticket to enter the park.
In addition to Beihai Park, parks such as Jingshan Park, Zhongshan Park, Beijing Botanical Garden, Yuyuantan Park and Taoranting Park also offer telephone reservation services for foreigners. Please refer to the official WeChat account "暢游公園(Beijing Park Online)" for specific reservation instructions.
In addition to the notes mentioned in Option 1, the two following points must also be noted.
1. Telephone reservation for tickets must be made at least 1 day in advance. Telephone service hours are from 9:00 to 16:00 daily. When making a reservation, your name, nationality, ID number, and other information must be provided.
2. Walk-in visitors without reservations will not be allowed to purchase tickets on site.
For further information on park tours, visit the official WeChat account "暢游公園(Beijing Park Online)" and the "Travelling in Beijing" section of this website: http://www.gylhsc.com/travellinginbeijing/index.html.
QR Code for "暢游公園(Beijing Park Online)"